Founding & Invited Members of the Boulder Public Lands Coalition attended last Monday (2/25/19) organizational meeting and made good progress on forming an initial group committed to access to public lands. The plan is to build on the initial circle of coalition partners to form a diverse and robust group. Here’s a brief review of what was accomplished.
Re-cap of the Decisions
Last night we reviewed current open space issues; agreed on a name; reviewed, modified and agreed on our foundational documents; agreed to make the OSMP Master Plan our first policy focus; and, agreed to do a stewardship project in coordination with either the City or County open space agencies.
During a straw poll, the following organizations committed to signing the Charter:
1. Boulder Area Trails Coalition (BATCO)
2. Boulder Mountainbike alliance (BMA)
3. Boulder Trail Runners (BTR)
4. Friends of Dogs in Open Space (FIDOS)
5. Indian Peaks Traverse Coalition (IPT)
6. Open Boulder Foundation (OB)
Other organizations that have expressed interest in joining:
1. Boulder Climbing Community
2. Boulder County Horse Association
3. Boulder Junior Cycling
4. CO High School Cycling League
5. Community Cycles
6. Cyclists 4 Community
Specific Action Needed from Coalition Partners
• Partner organizations are requested to approve the Boulder Public Lands Coalition Charter Agreement. Through Board motion and decision, the authorized person should sign the agreement and assign a primary and secondary liaison to be a representative of the organization in the Coalition. BPLC requests that it be approved and returned by March 31, 2019.
• Partner organizations are requested to sign the List Sharing Agreement. Through Board motion and decision, the authorized person should sign the agreement and return by March 31, 2019.
We will plan for a meeting in late April-mid May to discuss next steps, namely:
• Introducing language for the OSMP Master Plan statement from BPLC
• Reviewing possible stewardship projects for BPLC in 2019
• Recruitment and/or welcoming of additional Coalition partners
• Other business: press release, open space updates, work group(s)
Included in this Blog
• Final, approved Boulder Public Lands Coalition Charter Agreement
• Approved List Sharing Agreement
• SHIFT Principles to be used as guiding principles of the BPLC