List Sharing Agreement (PDF)
This List Sharing Agreement is made as of [DATE] by and between [COALITION NAME] partners: [NAME
ORGANIZATIONS (“Coalition Partners”)].
1. Coalition Partners agree to equally share the names of activists and their associated information (“List”) that were gathered by Coalition Partners in their joint activities in furtherance of the Coalition goals.
2. The List is to be used only by the Coalition Partners. Coalition Partners agree not to permit use of the list or make it available to any other entity, individual, or organization, except for vendors who need the information to facilitate the approved use of the list.
3. Coalition Partners agree that they will use the list only for purposes consistent with 26 U.S.C. §501(c)(3).
4. Coalition Partners agree that any fundraising communications to the list will be solely for Coalition purposes only. Any funds raised will be shared equally by Coalition partners. OR Coalition Partners agree that each partner may use the list 3 times in a one year period for fundraising purposes.
5. Each Coalition partner may use the list for non-coalition purposes no more than 3 times a year. In order to prevent overuse or activist fatigue, each Coalition Partner agrees to notify other partners 48 hours in advance of any individual use by a Coalition Partner.
6. When gathering names for the List, Coalition Partners agree to use the following opt-in language:
☐ Yes, I want to receive information from (NAME ORGANIZATIONS) by texting, calling, emailing or other communications. By providing my cell phone number I agree that (NAME ORGANIZATIONS) may call or text my cell phone.
7. Coalition Partners agree that (NAME OF ORGANIZATION) (“List Host”) will maintain the List on its computer system. (NAME OF ORGANIZATION) agrees to protect the confidentiality of the list and to make it available to Coalition Partners pursuant to the terms of this agreement. (Add a provision describing how list host will provide list and time frame for providing.)
8. This List Sharing Agreement can be terminated at any time by any partner upon written notice to other partners. Upon termination, List Host agrees to transmit to or provide, the terminating partner the List of names as it existed on the termination date.
9. This Agreement is not assignable by any party.
10. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Colorado
11. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement of the parties and may only be changed or modified in writing.